Last week I did an unboxing of ARC mail on Instagram Stories. Baker & Taylor (my library’s vendor) sends the Teen Services department ARCs to use for our book club. Here’s what we got:
- The Inevitable Collision of Birdie & Bash by Candace Ganger Super excited that this one was included! I won a copy of this book from a Goodreads Giveaway and was already planning on sharing it with my book club.
- Select by Marit Weisenberg This is the first book of a new series. It sounds like a fantasy/contemporary mix with first loves and special abilities
- That Inevitable Victorian Thing by E.K. Johnston This one is definitely my favorite find of the box. I loved Exit, Pursued by a Bear and I’m sure this one is going to be brilliant.
- Solo by Kwame Alexander I didn’t end up reading this one over the weekend (I had pressing book club books to finish) but it’s at the top of my TBR. I’m hoping to use this book as a book club selection next school year. Kwame Alexander is always amazing.
- Race to the Bottom of the Sea by Lindsay Eager I’m intrigued by this mix of middle grade, pirates, kidnapping, science, and ocean exploration!
- Inevitable and Only by Lisa Rosinsky I love covers with illustrations of characters and loving a cover is usually enough to make me try the book.
- Soldier Boy by Keely Hutton A combination of Non-Fiction and fiction based on a Ugandan child soldier
- Spellbook of the Lost and Found by Moïra Fowley-Doyle Sounds like a good summer read for a stormy day!
- Here Lies Daniel Tate by Cristin Terrill Readers always love a good con! This was the first book a reader grabbed a book club.
- Wildman by JC Geiger I think my emoji story says it all.
- We Come Apart by Sarah Crossan and Brian Conaghan I absolutely adored Sarah Crossan’s book One,
- Song of the Current by Sarah Tolcser This one has lady pirates and was quickly grabbed by a Teen Book Club member
- Jane, Unlimited by Kristin Cashore The cover is SO SHINY! I heard this pitched as a choose your own adventure novel that will blow your mind.
Around here, summer is the magical time when my book clubs read ARCs and we talk about everything we want to read in the upcoming school year. We are off to a great start!