I’ve done a lot of genre or topic specific book displays recently so I wanted something that could fit a lot of different books for March. My Lucky Day display allows for showcasing all kinds of books. Like all libraries, we have books that are always flying off the shelf like Jason Reynolds All American Boys, Rainbow Rowell’s Fangirl, and Gene Luen Yang’s American Born Chinese. I’ve actually heard gasps when someone finds these books on the shelf. So what better way to feel lucky in March than by spotting one of these books on display?
The Lucky Day display includes hot new books that are in demand, older backlist titles that are still popular, books that are being turned into movies, and recently returned reads that I think will be quickly checked out again if they’re given some face time on the shelf. Make sure you’re also displaying diverse books and #ownvoices books. This display can be wide ranging across genres, themes, and topics!
I made the display signage in Canva and you can download it here. The books on display and the hot reads at my library right now are:
- All American Boys by Jason Reynolds and Brendan Kiely
- Dumplin’ by Julie Murphy
- American Born Chinese by Gene Luen Yang
- Labyrinth Lost by Zoraida Cordova
- Georgia Peaches and Other Forbidden Fruit by Jaye Robin Brown
- Simon Vs the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli
- Here We Are: Feminism for the Real World Edited by Kelly Jensen
- Allegedly by Tiffany Jackson
- The Selection by Kiera Cass
- Legend by Marie Lu
- To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before by Jenny Han
- Outrun the Moon by Stacey Lee
- We Are Okay by Nina LaCour
…and many more to be added as these popular reads fly off the shelves!
Do you have a favorite display for March?